Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rainy Day

It's pouring outside which is great! The rain has forced us to slow down and spend a day inside. I'm catching up on bills, cleaning, laundry, iTune downloads, and blogging. Today also seems like a great day for pizza since I have some time to let the dough rise. It's shaping up nicely for a lazy rainy day!

Here's a picture from April's Hootenanny. Both boys played for some time and loved playing with Dad, Grandpa, and Great Grandpa.


For Easter Grandma Albu got Connor rollerblades and with all the great weather these last few weeks we broke them out for him to try. He did really well and loved blading! He gets a kick out of Matt blading around the driveway so now with a little more practice he'll be able to go blading with Dad!



While Connor was blading this is what Lucas did the WHOLE time. He played with that bucket of water and rocks all afternoon. We barely saw his face!

Last Wednesday we spent the entire morning outside planting and goofing around. Well, I planted while the boys found plenty of things to do and plenty of dirt. One project was an ant aquarium. Who am I to stop creativity! They gave the ants plenty of water to drink, grass to eat, and rocks to climb. It was pretty cute. They also rode their bikes and played on the swing set a ton while I planted most of our vegetable garden.

I tried to get the boys to go inside for lunch several times without any success. Finally around 1:30pm I made them go inside for lunch and Lucas' nap. I quickly got a snack together and headed to the restroom. When I got back, this is how I found Lucas who had been crying up a storm since we came inside. Too much fun!!

This past weekend we headed up to WI for Uncle John's 30th surprise birthday party. It was a big success! Christina and her mom did an excellent job planning, prepping, and keeping the kids in the dark until that day. We had an awesome time and so did the boys! Happy 30th John! Happy Birthday to all the boys' aunts and uncles who have May birthdays too! (Auntie Em, Christina, Carl and Jim)

Sunday we had a fun Mother's Day at my parents house. We had yummy food and a relaxing day hanging around and playing with the boys. Both boys love piggy back rides and lots were had that day.

Connor took this picture of my Mom and Lucas. Not too bad for a budding photographer! Happy Mother's Day Mom, Rita, Grandma Drake, and Grandma Beagles!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

The rollerblading pictures are awesome. I love all of the accessories! Does Matt have matching elbow and knee pads???

RK said...

I'm so behind once again!! So many great pics and stories... the staples!!! Ouch! Glad he's ok and there's still lots of fun being had. I think that big guitar jam session would have been amazing to see....a hootenanny! too cool. :)