June started off with our week in El Paso. The cousins participating in St. Mary's VBS: Sun Rock Kids Camp. They loved it and all the cousins had a great time together. We're still listening to the songs a month later. I got a chance to volunteer at VBS and it was a wonderful experience especially because I got to know the strengths of my nieces and nephew better. Audrey's love for music showed every minute while Laura excelled at crafts and coloring. Andrew was inquisitive in everything he did and excels at everything. My Connor was a sweetheart and enjoyed his time with his cousins.

We got to take the Suburban to VBS! What a great roomy car. I think we could have fit 2 more car seats in there.
Lucas and Abby commiserated while we were all gone. Grandma and Grandpa said they played very well together.

The week after VBS my Mom came for a visit! Connor and Lucas showed her all our daily activities and all their toys especially the trains. We even made a trip to the Farm Park to see the animals and slide down the silo slide. Both boys must have gone up and down that slide 50 times in the hot afternoon sun!
Connor and I were trying to take some pictures of ourselves one evening. We made lots of funny faces and a few serious ones. I just think Connor looks like such a big kid in the picture below. I still can't believe how much he's grown!
Our garden is doing okay this year. Not great but not bad. I think I planted too many cucumber plants too closer together. We're not getting as many cucumber growing as we did last year. It's still fun to watch things grow and pick yummy veggies. The boys main job is to water the vegetables and flowers every day.
You would think by the look on Lucas' face that it was his birthday! But we celebrated Matt's birthday with cookies and ice cream. I meant to make a cake but the cookies took priority! Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you! Thank you for everything you do for us!
Our friends from Champaign came for a visit and the kids splashed in the kiddie pool all afternoon. It was nonstop fun for a few hours and they were exhausted by the end of the afternoon. Lucas took a nice long nap and so did Connor and I.





At the end of June we drove to see Uncle Jerry and Aunt Cindy for the day. The boys had a blast with them since they had their favorite hot dogs for lunch and their favorite activity: swimming. They swam for hours and just took a break for a quick snack. Lucas even fell asleep on my shoulder in the pool! We all had a great time catching up and hanging out too!


I was worried about how the boys would react to their dog Gracie. They were both hesitant at first but by the afternoon Connor warmed up. I didn't expect Lucas to be the one that was more fearful since he always has a fearless attitude. By the end of the day they both took Gracie for a walk and enjoyed petting her. Small little steps made a big difference in having them warm up to her! Thanks for a wonderful time Jerry and Cindy!


The last Sunday in June we woke up and saw this in our backyard! Our tree fell over!! We had gotten home late on Saturday night and missed all the storms and winds that went through. So we had a nice surprise when we woke up in the morning.
The boys love the pool! They both will spend hours in the water just playing around at G&G. We love going over to their house to visit and to swim. Thank you!



At the end of June we drove to see Uncle Jerry and Aunt Cindy for the day. The boys had a blast with them since they had their favorite hot dogs for lunch and their favorite activity: swimming. They swam for hours and just took a break for a quick snack. Lucas even fell asleep on my shoulder in the pool! We all had a great time catching up and hanging out too!
I was worried about how the boys would react to their dog Gracie. They were both hesitant at first but by the afternoon Connor warmed up. I didn't expect Lucas to be the one that was more fearful since he always has a fearless attitude. By the end of the day they both took Gracie for a walk and enjoyed petting her. Small little steps made a big difference in having them warm up to her! Thanks for a wonderful time Jerry and Cindy!
The last Sunday in June we woke up and saw this in our backyard! Our tree fell over!! We had gotten home late on Saturday night and missed all the storms and winds that went through. So we had a nice surprise when we woke up in the morning.
Matt and Connor did a great job cutting up the tree and hauling it to the driveway. Our linden tree was medium sized and soft wood so that helped break it up faster. We were lucky because some nice people were looking for anyone that needed stuff hauled after the storm so they stopped by our house. They hauled away our tree for a fair price and even helped us chop up the dead bushes in the backyard. It was a job well done for an unplanned backyard remodel.
Lucas did help and made several trips with small branches to the driveway but after a while he would find other things to do. I was a little surprised because Connor was a very diligent worker. But then I remembered he's only 1 and I shouldn't expect him to be doing hard labor.
3 comments:
Whew - that was a nice post! You guys have been really busy! Ben will be excited to see the new pictures of Connor and "Wukas" when he wakes up from his nap! And you look awesome in the picture of you and Connor!!
Thanks Kristen! Connor just finished his 5 weeks of t-ball, soccer, and tennis plus a 2 week swim lesson. Next week it's just swim lessons. Now I have to post July events before August.
Great pictures Nico! It's great to see all the things the boys have been doing all summer. I'm inspired to go update our blog now...or maybe tonight. :)
Post a Comment