Thursday, September 24, 2009

Belated Birthday Post and more!

Well, I've been thinking too long on how I'm going to catch up from 3 months worth of activities that I need to post. So, I decided to pick one big event from the last 2 months to blog about. It's a start anyway! I came to the conclusion our biggest event was Lucas turning 2! So here are a few pictures from August.

Lucas is a very lucky little boy! He not only had 1 birthday party but 3 parties to celebrate his 2nd birthday! He enjoyed every single one! We started with a small party on his actual birthday with us and Grandma and Grandpa Drake to warm him up.

Then Great Grandma Drake graciously hosted the Drake cousins party! He loves their house and finds plenty of toys to play with and nooks to hide in. Thank you Great Grandma Drake for a great party!



Then to wrap up the festivities we celebrated with my folks. My mom picked up on the Nemo theme and got him this enormous balloon. It was another successful party with lots of smiles. Thanks Mom!



September snuck in and school started before we all knew it. Here's Connor and Lucas on the first day of school. Connor was super excited and couldn't wait to go. Unfortunately, Lucas was also super excited and couldn't wait to go. I had to carry Lucas out of the school crying. This happened the rest of the week too. He's now accepted his fate to be home with me but he's always ready to go pick up Connor from school.
And finally last week the long anticipated Pumpkin Festival started! Connor's been asking for months when it would begin. We did the Pumpkin Festival up right this year and went every night! Connor started off the festivities by participating in the Big Wheel Race Tuesday night and the rest of the evenings were spent riding lots of rides, eating pumpkin ice cream and hot dogs, walking in the Kiddie Parade, and watching the main parade on Saturday morning! The fun has even continued in Connor's room with a miniature Pumpkin Fest made out of Lego's and other toys! He says he'll take it down in November.




1 comment:

Kristen said...

We can't wait to hit up the Pumpkin Festival with you guys next year. I think that hot dogs and pumpkin ice cream may be my favorite meal EVER!!